2.8.14 – Seen: OMG who stole my ads?

February 9, 2014

boldini

Etienne Lavie replaced ads and billboards all over Paris with reproductions of famous paintings. This project appeals to me both as an art lover and someone who feels assaulted by advertisements (NB: I just googled “how many commercial messages do we see a day” and it turns out we are indeed assaulted by advertisements – some 30,000 a day).  Found via My Modern Met.

le_songe

chrisitna February 9, 2014 at 11:04 am

What a wonderful idea. I wish we would do this in our country.

christina February 9, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Oh! How wonderful! This just takes my breath away.

Emme February 10, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I’d be so happy if someone came and repapered my New York that way. How terrific. (Also reminds me of the art takeover of facebook that just got underway. Wonder if everyone’s realizing they need a little more art in their lives.)

Tate Nova February 11, 2014 at 11:50 am

These are so beautiful!!!!

Alison February 14, 2014 at 6:07 pm

There’s definitely a sense of deliberation that you lose when art is “everywhere.” Plus, this reminds me of how bookstores are replaced by Amazon. Why go somewhere to get art (like a museum) when it’s everywhere?

leslie February 14, 2014 at 6:40 pm

just another reason (out of a bzillion) why i love paris <3

Natural Handcrafted Soap Company February 14, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Paris Subway is so nice , everywhere is nice but now with so much tax their destroyed that atmosphere is so many Arab in Paris no look any close like was 15 years ago …

Natural Handcrafted Soap Company February 14, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Paris Subway is so nice , everywhere is nice but now with so much tax their destroyed that atmosphere its so many Arab in Paris no look any close like was 15 years ago …

Laura February 15, 2014 at 8:16 am

The Art Fund did that in London last year! We got there first… ;)