When I look around at my friends, I see their gifts so clearly — a fierce and focused editor, a talented and generous healer, a loving and creative mother, and more than a few who are blogging professionally – which is writing, producing and running your own business all rolled into one. Recently, a friend was lamenting how hard it was to find good stuff on Etsy, Ebay, Craigslist and the internet more generally and I almost choked on my coffee. It made me realize that one of the things I do best is look. Indeed, Etsy, Ebay, Craigslist, these are three of my favorite sites to just look at things. I said something to that effect and the response was “Why aren’t you blogging about that!!!” So, without further ado, here are eight of my recent Etsy “favorites”.
1. I’m doing a post on vintage display cases and kiddos (sometime soon, I promise) so this one caught my eye.
2. The Japanese red glass vase is haunting me (that color, that shape).
3. This set of Danish plates would look amazing hung above my bookcase.
4. The bust of a man with glasses reminds me of Steve Martin (possibly my first crush) and also of the Great Gatsby – which was definitely my first book crush.
5. The earrings are elegantly hand made and just a perfect amount of sparkle.
6. The beaded Galaxy necklace is hankering to be worn to the office under my favorite Zara black blazer.
7. The rattan side table seems so practical and unexpected (I get tired of legs — does that make sense? Sometimes I look around my living room and all I see are the legs — of the tables, chairs, couch, desks, stools etc) so this just felt fresh to me.
8. The lines of this chair are so clean and neat. I am half heartedly looking for new desk chairs and the price was right ($87) but the condition isn’t great (sad).
Some of these (those earrings!) come from the Etsy Finds emails which I highly recommend. They are a great jumping off point for finding awesome sellers and items on the site and are my favorite marketing email to get (along with the Heath Ceramic newsletter).