Iced Coffee in Canning Jars

May 1, 2012

Ok.  So 50% of me thinks this is awesome and 50% of me is like “who are you kidding, hipsters?”  The Cuppow turns canning jars into travel mugs (I almost wrote “sippy cup” which marks me as a mom first and foremost).  This made me think of iced coffee, summer and picnics and road trips.  In that order.

Lilac May 1, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Cool, what a great idea *off to scour web*

Quindome May 1, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Much cooler than drinking from my multitude of lame travel mugs!

Joanna May 1, 2012 at 2:14 pm

That is genius.

tate May 1, 2012 at 8:34 pm

this reminds me of vermont!!!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster May 1, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I just love this! Something tells me an iced coffee would somehow even taste better sipped from this… great tip.

Autumn May 6, 2012 at 10:36 am

I think it’s cute – I love something in a jar as much as the next girl but seriously this is up there with the Pet Rock! No insulation value, not to mention breakable, bulky in the car, just totally impractical.
Sorry

Katy May 7, 2012 at 3:56 am

What a great idea!It’s so cute!I love it!

Brian June 2, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I agree with Autumn. At first glance I thought it was great. Then the truth settled in. Hot coffee in a jar? Impossible to hold onto. Breakable. Won’t fit into cup holders. And for one little top it’s about 7 bucks – not cheap! If they’d give you a few for that price, I may give it a look.

Kerri Sullivan June 5, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Fantastic idea!!

April November 25, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Love it! First canning jars are made to with stand heat .just think when you
Can foods you have to boil it.I don’t see a problem with coffee at all.
Someone seafood they are breakable on haven’tyou used the ceremic
Travel mugs they break essily and people still b
uy them.my thing is where do you find the tops? Jelly jars would i’m sure fit
In car holders :-)

april November 25, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Sorry I m on a phone.it should of said their our cups that our breakable.
And people use them.im wondering where you would get lids ?

The Junk Drunk March 29, 2013 at 5:58 pm

This post brought back great memories of us on a junking trip last Labor Day weekend in the Catskills with mason jars of iced coffee! Cuppows are so handy and charming.

Brian/Autumn – I’ve actually dropped mason jars a few times, and while they can break, they’re stronger than your typical glass cup. They should be safe for in the car or around the house, but probably risky if you drop them on pavement or something.