Inspiration is in the Fireplace

November 7, 2007

wood.jpg

Via Decor8, I’m in love with this idea of filling a non-working fireplace to the brim with wood.  As the weather gets cooler here in the big city, I’m looking longingly at our own decorative fireplace.   Even if we can’t enjoy the heat from a real fire, there is something warm and wonderful from the wood in these.  Whether we could procure the required volume of logs, much less carry them up to our third floor perch, is another story!

I poked around the web and found a few other takes on this idea:

Fireplaces

(via New England Lifestyle and House to Home)

meg November 7, 2007 at 12:55 pm

we use our fireplace but if we didn’t, this would be perfect. i love wood/rustic + clean lines and white or silver– the photos above are just what i love.

Caroline November 7, 2007 at 1:42 pm

Yeah, me too. I loved those fireplaces at Decor8, so glad you found some more! It’s refreshing to have something raw from nature indoors like that, I like the simplicity of it. Thanks for sharing!

joanna goddard November 7, 2007 at 5:16 pm

these are BEAUTIFUL. we have a non-working fireplace and i’m totally inspired. where do you find wood like that, i wonder? (that is an embarrassing city girl question.)

Annette November 8, 2007 at 1:53 pm

I really like the fireplace full of round pieces of wood; love looking at the grain. Maybe I could send you down a couple with “tap hole” marks in them. Wouldn’t that be cool?!

Jesus February 13, 2009 at 8:49 am

I find this disgusting. There is nothing wonderful about chopping down wood simply to put it in a NON-FUNCTIONAL fireplace, where it will go to waste. At least let someone else who can burn it have it. Especially in the first picture, all of the furniture is metal and particleboard mass produced junk, with what could make some BEAUTIFUL furniture stacked uselessly on the side…sigh.

aSKer March 10, 2009 at 11:36 am

VRy interesting to read it 😛 😀

White Furniture February 11, 2012 at 10:02 am

I like to have round pieces of wood in the fireplace. But if the simplicity is maintained, it looks beautiful. Specially I like those fireplace at Decor8.